In January 2023, NPP Krško in Slovenia obtained final approval of its environmental permit for lifetime extension from 40 to 60 years. This approval was the last step in almost a decade-long process. NPP lifetime extension is an important tool for safe, reliable, low-carbon electricity production in Slovenia and Europe. With reliable lifetime extensions, nuclear power continues to be a secure path to a clean, bright energy future.
To capture the most important lessons learned and to disseminate this knowledge to the international community, we will have NPP operation issues and lifetime extension topics as focal points of this year’s NENE2023 conference.
For a more detailed program, please click on a specific section below.
Book of Abstracts
- Opening ceremony and welcome addresses
- Setting the scene with invited lectures: Role of Nuclear Energy in Decarbonization and National Energy Strategies
- Topical round table discussion: Capacity Building for Nuclear Energy Deployment and Utilization, moderated by Andrew Worrall
- Welcome reception for Conference participants
- Nuclear New Builds, Energy Policy and Decarbonization of Society
- Nuclear Regulation, Society and Environment
- Nuclear Materials
- Reactor Physics and Research Reactors
- Plant Life-time Extensions, Reliability, Outage Management, Innovations and Modernization
- PSA and Severe Accidents
- Nuclear Education, Training, Workforce Planning, Leadership and Talent Development
- Thermal Hydraulics and CFD
- Fuel Cycle and Radioactive Waste
- Nuclear Fusion and Plasma Technologies